Thursday, May 15, 2014

Blog 21 Mentorship

Mentor ship log 56 hours
My main mentor was Jose Rocha a professor at Cal Poly Pomona and mentor in his classroom Building 43 room 107

My other mentor was Vanessa Gomez , an instructor Bikram yoga Rancho Cucomonga.

The two mentor ships were vastly different form each other the one with Jose Rocha dived in to my topic of maximal and sub-maximal loading. I did many different types of tests to show our overall strength and endurance. We did 1 rep max, VO2 max, and other test to gauge someone fitness more precise gauge of someones fitness. All the labs were being looked over by the professor but we preformed all of the labs ourselves the professor want the students to follow the particular steps on there own. The equipment varied form each test some were gauged by eye and some used equipment that exceeded $20,000 dollars. The class help further diagnose a person's relative fitness to properly treat the person like for physical therapy or sports science.

My other mentor ship showed me the business side of fitness and showed me how to run a small business and how to properly treat someone with a certain goal. The classes also helped me with my back problems which helped with my fitness overall. 


The mentor ship has helped support my best answer of the neuromuscular health can be improved with strength training. These.These mentor ships have been eyeing opening and showed me the different aspects of fitness and how it needed to be balanced with gauging the body and relaxing the body and stretching how that can vastly improve your overall health.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment